If you home needs a new look, or you simply want to soften the style you currently have, consider installing window blinds. Blinds can provide a decorative style to your home as well as provide useful functions like increasing privacy or blocking the sun. Fortunately, no matter what style and colors you currently have in your home there are blinds that will work for you.
There are a large selection of blinds that include Venetian blinds, mini blinds, Roman blinds, woven wood blinds, and vertical blinds. Each of these types of blinds offers a special function or design that will enhance your home’s décor.
Venetian blinds are the typical horizontal blinds that can be raised or lowered depending on your need for light or privacy. They come in a variety of colors, sizes, and fabrics depending on your budget and needs.
Mini blinds are just smaller Venetian blinds that fit inside the frame of the window. These blinds provide a classic look that is certainly not overdone. These also can be purchased in different colors and fabrics.
The Roman blinds are made of long pleats of fabric that can be pulled to one side or closed if necessary, depending on your day to day needs. These blinds provide a very soft, natural look to your home that many people really enjoy.
The woven wood blinds are natural looking as well because they are made from wood, weed, and grass fibers. As a result, they are great for homes that use a lot of wood and natural fibers as well in the décor.
Finally, vertical blinds are simply long blinds that open and close vertically. These are frequently used for sliding glass doors and other large window areas because they can easily be opened and closed. They also come in a variety of materials like plastic, fabric, and others and always in whatever color you want.
If you have a larger budget, or have something special in mind, then you could have your blinds custom made to meet your exact specifications. This does create a very special look, but is significantly more expensive.
Installing blinds in your home will really make a difference that is visible and that you will really enjoy. The best thing to do is go online or to your local home store and find out what blinds are available in your budget and the ones that would look best in your home.
When you buy your blinds, it is time to install them. This is something you can do yourself, or if you want you can have a professional install them as well.
Don’t be dissatisfied with the décor of your home any longer, start shopping for your window blinds today and start decorating!
A simple but elegant home is widely considered nowadays. You do not need to splurge big amount of money to give your home a classy touch. All you need to do is create ways to furnish your home with the elegance you desire but keeping it simple and cost-effective.
One way to give your home the simple but elegant touch is to properly decorate your windows. You can opt to choose window blinds. However do not just hang your window blinds! Give it a look that is appealing not only to your eyes but to the eyes of anyone who enters your dwelling place.
There are ways to create fine-looking window blinds.
Choose the Color
You do not have to be traditional. For instance, if it is a wooden blind, do not settle with the customary brown-like color. Choose a color that harmonizes with the atmosphere of your home.
Normally, white is chosen as color for window blinds decorations since it matches other different colors that are available in your home. A blue sofa set will never go wrong with white window blinds or a purple painted bedroom complements white.
However you can always play with colors to give your room the aura which you wish. Make sure though that colors are well coordinated.
Most home decorators opt for managing their windows with clean, nominal, transparent and light-colored designs. Commonly you can incorporate your own designs so your personality will be reflected into it.
If you love woods, then go for wooden blinds. Have it custom-made so the personality you desire will be revealed. On the other hand, other window blinds come in different types such as:
• Mini blinds. These are blinds which have slim slats.
• Vertical blinds. It comes in upright shapes. You will have the ability to rotate the blinds up to ninety degrees to let the sun fully enter your home.
• Horizontal blinds. It comes in horizon-like shapes.
• Woven-wood blinds. You can have it in wood, yarn or bamboo. Almost fifty percent of sunlight is being trapped using this type of blind.
• Fabric blinds. There are varieties of fabrics which can be utilized as window blinds. Furthermore with fabrics you will have the ability to choose the type and design of fabric.
Designs vary. It may depend on the type of window blinds you will choose. Sometimes it varies on how you look at things and how you incorporate ideas to come up with a window blinds design.
At this time all you need to do is mull over to create an appealing window blinds. Let your creativity run wild!
Window blinds are the coverings used for the windows to give shade and privacy to your place, generally attached to the interior side of the window. The good thing about using these blinds, is that you can control the amount of light coming in simply by adjusting the blinds.
Types of window blinds:
Window blinds come in various types:
Slat blinds: These blinds have numerous flat horizontal slats, which are joined with string so that they can be rotated. This allows light to pass between the slats. To keep the light out, they can be rotated up to 170 degrees, or to clear the window they can be pulled up. By pulling a cord or rotating a connector which is attached to the string, the rotation can be achieved, and a different string is used for the raising and lowering of the blinds. There are other versions where both the mechanisms are combined into one single rod. Slat blinds include:
• Venetian blinds: Introduced around 1770 in Venice, these blinds are made of plastic or metal, and sometimes even wooden slats are used, which are known as wood blinds or bamboo blinds. The width of the slat ranges between 50-120 mm.
• Miniblinds: These are basically venetian blinds that have slats measuring from 19-24 mm only.
• Vertical blinds or track blinds: These blinds use plastic or metal horizontal slats which can be rotated ninety degrees to allow the light to come in, or can be folded to the side for a clear view through the window.
Solid blinds: Often called window shades, these blinds unlike venetian blinds, cannot be rotated. But they can be rolled up or folded to allow the light to come in. These blinds include:
• Holland blinds: Known as roller shades, as they have rolling window blinds which can be pulled down.
• Woven-wood blinds: The slats used are made of decorative wood or bamboo, which are woven together using colorful yarns or other decorative material. These blinds can be rolled up or folded out of the way. They are energy efficient, have greater light control, and are economical alternatives to shutters.
• Pleated shades: These blinds consist of pleated fabric shades which can be pulled up to the top of the window.
• Honeycomb shades or cellular shades: They are similar to pleated shades, but here there are two or more joined together at the pleats forming compartments to trap air, thus giving the room insulation to save on your energy bills. Cellular shades come in various styles, such as double and triple cell styles.
• Roman shades: These blinds have a cord woven through the fabric that allows you to raise or lower the shade in an accordion pattern. They are easy to operate and are very efficient in insulation.
While installing your blinds, you should see to it that the blinds are unobstructed such that when it is fully extended, it can still hang freely. It is necessary to cut the blinds to make them fit in the windows. You have to measure the width and length correctly before cutting the blinds. You can also put the blinds in your bathroom windows. Choose pleated or cellular shades with privacy backing to keep outsiders from looking into your windows.
You can choose the window blinds that suit you best from the variety of blinds available. Window blinds are extremely beneficial, not only for protection from sunlight, but also to prevent onlookers from peeping through your windows.